Welcome to Koocanusa
Hu sukitkuq'nata?ni kin wakit ?amak?is Ktunaxa
Each year, more than 100,000 people visit the Koocanusa area. On a typical summer weekend, tens of thousands of people are recreating in the Koocanusa.
With so many people enjoying this area, it’s important that we all do our part to keep this place clean, protect sensitive ecosystems, at-risk species, historical sites and cultural heritage, and help reduce the spread of invasive species.
You can play a part in conserving by:
- Reading the new Recreation Management Strategy document.
- Using the maps to find recreation trails, access roads, camping sites, garbage facilities and other services.
- Learning more about the area – the Kootenay river, history, and natural environment.
- Reviewing and using the Recreation Guidelines in the Koocanusa area.
- View and download the Koocanusa Recreation Brochure.
Contact us for more information.